1. You start the game with machines that allow you to grow only grain (wheat, barley, canola). The first two plants are the most profitable, so start with them.
2. If you can, sell the supplies from the silo or warehouse, or get a loan at the beginning, to buy a sprayer as soon as you can (it will increase your crops).
3. Coordinate your work all the time and sell crop to earn money for new equipment - a trailer, a better sowing machine and later a new harvester and tractor.
4. When having the right tools, don't hesitate too long with buying a new piece of land. Don't overinvest either. You need to be sure that you will have enough machines to work on the field you buy.
5. Take advantage of other options of earning money - try woodcutting, keeping animals and complete mission. When you have six fields and some good equipment, you can think about choosing a specialization for your farm.
6. Don't try to achieve everything at once. Start animal husbandry or biogas production only when you have the proper background. A new business usually requires some initial capital and the money won't pay off instantly.
7. Try to switch to growing potatoes and sugar beets, which will bring you better profits. However, if you don't want to invest in new equipment, make sure that you always get new tools for growing grain.
8. When you have a lot of money, invest in machines needed to produce biogas or focus on keeping cows. Further profits should be invested in objects (preferably those ones that don't require any attention, like for example solar collectors).