We Will All Go Together
Given by: First Sergeant Astor [Camp Searchlight] (MsG:20)
You can find Sergeant Astor near the Camp Searchlight where he is on a patrol with small group of NCR soldiers #1. Ask him what he does here. After a small conversation he'll tell you about soldiers turned into ghouls and will ask you for a help. You have to kill 10 NCR ghouls and bring their irradiated dogtags back as a proof. You'll receive a service rifle and 10 caps for each tag. Rush into the city and kill all ghouls. Not every of them have tags - keep your eye on ghouls wearing an NCR uniform #2. You'll be able to get only 9 dogtags so to get one more you may need to comb the town of any. When you have 10 tags, return to Sergeant Astor and give him the dogtags.
If you still lack one tag, you can check the house (M33:4) where Private Edwards can be found. His dogtag can be obtained in few ways.
- you can kill him;
- sneak behind him and pickpocket him;
You can also mention the dogtag:
- [Speech 60] persuade him to give you the dogtag;
- [Strength 7] threaten him to give you the dogtag.
Tell him that there is a NCR soldier waiting outside to kill him:
- [Speech 50] persuade him to kill Astor. Astor should shoot him but if Edward wins, your task will fail.
Ask him if there is a place where he could probably go and if the radiation is the only thing he is afraid of. You'll learn that he is afraid of Radscorpions too:
- [Speech 60] lie to him that there are no more Radscorpions. He will go outside and will be probably killed by the. Take his dogtag
- you can kill the Radscorpions
If you choose the second option, go to Sergeant Astor and tell him about Edwards:
- [Speech 50] ask him if Edward can join his unit
- [Intelligence 7] convince Astor that Edwards isn't going feral
- ask him if there is a place where he could probably go
Whichever option you choose, return to Edward and tell him the news. You'll receive his dogtag.
Once you've collected all dogtags, return to First Sergeant Astor and give them to him. Each one is worth 25 caps. If you have them all you'll receive 250 caps more and a rifle.