The White Wash
Given by: Colonel Carrie Boyd [Camp McCarran Terminal Building] (M25A:4)
This quest is activated in parallel with [I Put a Spell on You].
After you talk to James Hsu, you'll be send to Curtis and then you'll meet Colonel Carrie Boyd (M25A:4) #1. Ask her if she has seen anything suspicious and then talk about missing people. She will tell you that Corporal White has gone missing.
It is time to start an investigation - check the Corporal White's cabinet (M25A:7) in the main Hall of McCarran #2. You'll find there the Corporal White's Journal too.
Next head to Gomorrah (in Strip) (M7:5) and go to the courtyard (M7F:6). Find Dazzle there (M7H:3) #1 and talk to her about White. Your next clue and a source of information is Trent Bascom (M45:1), who can be found on the [Sharecropper Farms] (MsB:20). Although he also doesn't know too much, he'll mention that White used to talk about the water treatment plant. Your next target is Lieutenant Romanowski (M45:2) #2.
You'll learn that White went to [Westside].
- [Intelligence 7] you can say that missing of water can be accidental
Go to Westside and head to the Casa Madrid apartments (M43:2), where you can talk to Anderson #1. He also doesn't know too much about White.
- [Speech 80] you can search for some clues on the street, a young boy named Hector (M43:4) has a lot of valuable information;
- [Intelligence 6] or link missing water with Anderson
When he finally reveals the truth, you can complete this quest in few ways:
- you decide to kill him
- you decide to turn him in
- Anderson will ask you to keep his secret about water
Agree but demand caps - you'll get 10% of daily store income ([Barter 50] - you can bargain 20%]. Caps can be collected every two days at Etienne in the store (M43:3) #2.
- agree and stick to the version that White was killed by the Scorpions gang.
You can choose whichever option you want.
Return to Lieutenant Boyd (M25A:4) and tell her what happened to Corporal White.