That Lucky Old Sun
Given by: Lieutenant Haggerty [HELIOS One] (M29:1)
Lieutenant Haggerty can be found at the entrance on the south side of Helios One #1. She'll stop you when you approach her (if you were here before you can get inside with no problems).
- [Speech 35] lie and tell her that you hold with NCR (if your reputation with NCR is high enough, it won't be a lie)
- [Science] tell her that you can upgrade solar panels
- [Speech 30] lie and say the player's brother works there.
When you allowed to enter, locate Fantastic (M29A:1) #2. You can lie that you're here to substitute him and then [Speech 25] bully him for some caps. Ask him about mirrors. Your task is to retarget these mirrors in such a way that they will help to produce more power. Energy has to be redirected to Strip and to McCarran. You'll obtain the password to the west mirror control terminal.
Go to the second room. You'll find Ignacio Rivas (M29A:2) #1 there. You can talk to him. He'll ask you with which faction you side.
- [Confirmed Bachelor] keep this as a secret
- [Speech 35] ask for his membership
- choose one of the factions
You'll obtain the password to the east mirror control terminal. Go outside (M29A:3). You need to restart two terminals - #2 (M29:3) and (M29:4). Watch out for the traps, mines and tripwires and NCR guard dogs (eastern shack).
If you've talked to Ignacio, you'll be assigned with the optional task - to arm the ARCHIMEDES defense system in such a way that it can destroy the nearby NCR forces. Head to [Solar collection tower] (M29:5). Find the terminal which can shut off the turrets (M29B:1). Then go to the [Observation level], but before you enter the door (M29B:2), search the room (M29B:3). You'll find two Poseidon Energy Employee IDs lying on the floor. The HELIOS One mainframe #1 is located in the Observation level. Unfortunately it doesn't have enough power. To get it working you have two choices:
- [Repair 25] with a piece of scrap metal - repair the generator #2
- Use a maintenance bot called Python.
To find a bot go up the stairs #1. To activate it:
- [Science 45] use your own knowledge
- use a Poseidon Energy Employee ID
Robot will go down and will repair the mainframe.
Once you're ready, prepare to configure power grid (choosing one of the below options results in positive reputation with one of the factions):
1. McCarran and Las Vegas Strip. NCR reputation
2. Fremont and Westside. Followers of the Apocalypse reputation
3. Full region. Followers of the Apocalypse reputation
4. ARCHIMEDES II. Followers of the Apocalypse reputation
5. Full Region (Emergency Output Level) Followers of the Apocalypse reputation
After you've chosen one of the options, go outside the tower and activate the Reflector Control Panel #2. Return to Fantastic (M29A:1) and talk to him.