Someone To Watch Over Me
Given by: Crandon [North Vegas Square] (MsB:7)
Talk to Crandon (M49:1) #1 and ask him in detail what does he do or if he need help with some problems. When he'll ask you why do you think, that North Vegas inhabitants need your help at all, you have to choose one of the below options:
- [Speech 45] tell him that you're good in getting rid of troubles;
- [Barter 35] tell him that you're skilled enough and all that you want is an appropriate payment.
The newcomers, who live near by the playground (M49:2) #2, are making problems. Talk to Squatter Bill and tell him that they can't stay here.
- attack and then kill him and his both companions;
- [Barter 45] pay him 50 caps;
- [Speech 45] ask him politely.
Return to Crandon and tell him the job is done.
In your second mission you have to go to the [North sewers] (M49:3). When you reach a group of Greasers (M49A:1) #1, talk to the leader of the group, Greasy Johnny.
- attack and kill him and all Greasers;
- [Speech 65] warn him against enraged crows, which can attack them soon;
- [Terrifying Presence] attack and kill them all.
Return to Crandon and tell him what you've done.
For your next mission go to [Crimson Caravan Company] (MsB:13), where you can find Hostetler Home. Go inside and talk to Mrs. Hostetler about her problem She'll ask you to spy on her daughter and see what her new friends are up to. Head back to [North Vegas Square] and talk to Jules (M49:4) #1. Ask him about Alice Hostetler - you'll learn that she probably hangs out with Andy's crew. You can find them in a building called The Gray (M49:5). Enter the building - there is a thug in front of Andy's room:
- kill him, take the key and enter the room;
- [Speech 70] bully him lying about Mrs. Hostetler waiting outside with a rifle.
If you choose the second option, you'll have to open the door by yourself. Being inside the room, you can find the Henchman Message to Andy Scabb #2, lying on the table underneath the TV.
As soon as you leave the building, you'll meet Andy #1.
- you can kill him
- say that you're leaving
- say that you know about his plans - you can agree to help him.
Return to Mrs. Hostetler and tell her about plans of stealing the money from Crimson Caravan Company. You'll meet also Alice with the gun there #2.
Tell her that you do not want to hurt her. [Speech 70] you just want to say, that Andy is using her - show her the note you've found in Andy's room. [Intelligence 7] ask her if she really wants to do it.
- tell her that her parents are worried about her, [Speech 75] she must be convinced by herself - she'll decide to stay with them;
- tell her to leave - she'll decide to leave.
In any time of conversation tell her that Andy has sent you. Ask Alice if she has money:
- [Intelligence 7] ask her if she really wants to do it - Scroll down to the ending
- tell her to kill her mother
If you choose the second option you can:
- ask her to give you the gun and tell her to stay or to leave the house
- persuade her to shoot.
Say that you are not interested with this argument and they should deal with the issue themselves - Allice will shoot her mother. Do nothing or kill Alice.
If Mrs. Hostetler is alive, you can:
- refuse to receive any payment;
- take 200 caps;
- [Barter 50] try to get 500 caps.
If she's dead, you can loot her body and take 1000 caps.