Welcome to the unofficial guide to Call of Duty 3. It will help you finish all fourteen missions and assist the allies in invading France possessed by Germans. Gameplay in COD3, just like in other parts of the series, is linear. It means you have to succeed at all task in order to complete each chapter. On the other hand, the way of doing it is mainly up to you. You'll often need to find another, less obvious path to reach some point. Sometimes your life will depend on whether you use a cover in good place, throw a grenade or eliminate opponents in right order. In mentioned cases, you may find this guide helpful. Besides, in the fervor of battle, you might lose orientation, and preventing from this is the other thing this guide can be used for. On the end, you will find a list of all achievements for the game. Now, please spare a moment for getting to know some hints.
- Cover - covers are very important part of gameplay. When entering a new terrain, always look for something to hide behind. It will allow you to regenerate a bit and also give time to reload your gun.
- Reloading - avoid reloading your gun while the opponents bullets may hit you. This action take some time, so it's better to do it in hiding.
- Grenades - grenades will be helpful in many situations. Instead of wasting them on single opponents, eliminate larger groups of enemies. Throw them in houses, bunkers and trenches. It's also good to keep them for a while in hand after unlocking - it will take away possibility to throw them back by our adversaries. But when the grenade will fall close to you, you better throw it away. Run only in the last resort - usually you risk to uncover yourself and expose on enemy fire.
- Smoke grenades - smoke grenades will be useful when you can't kill your opponent directly (while being for example under gun-fire) and you must get to the other position. Nevertheless it is not advised to use them to excess, because they cover not only enemies, but also your eyeshot.
- Heavy machine guns - you will chance upon these kind of guns very often. Usually you will be the aimed ones. After bringing down the standpoint staff, you can use them on your own. Anyway, most of them is set up to fight back your attacks, so when you reach them, there won't be anything left to shoot to. Sometimes you will succeed to eliminate few opponents, but remember that using heavy machine guns is not too safe. You are not well protected and any grenade or some well-aimed shots can eliminate you.
- Compass - compass is a very useful part of your equipment. All destinations are marked, so when you lose your way, just look at it and it will help you get to desired place. But don't think that the shortest route is always the best one. It's quite often that the way to some direction is blocked by obstacles or it leads through dangerous terrain. In this case it's better to take a roundabout way.
- Flanking - attacking your opponents on the sides is a half success in eliminating them. Instead of pushing under fire, it's better to look for some side way which will help you to take your enemies by surprise. In this guide, I signalized places where flanking is particularly useful.
- Weapons - as for weapons, it's rather up to you. I advise though to have an automatic gun and repeating rifle with good accuracy by you side. The first one will be useful in most encounters, the second is indispensable when eliminating specific targets.
Well, that would be all for the beginning. Any other information will be given au courant in appropriate place. Now grab your gun and get in the battle. Good luck.
About Call of Duty 3 Game Guide
Author : Artur "Metatron" Falkowski for gamepressure.com
last update : May 05, 2016
Guide contains : 16 pages, 312 images.
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Hot Topics of Call of Duty 3 Game Guide
Call of Duty 3 Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Treyarch
- publisher: Activision
- platform: PS3,PS2,XBOX,XBOX360,NINTENDO Wii
- rated: PEGI 16+
The follow-up to the #1 next-generation game, Call of Duty 3 delivers the intensity of being closer than ever to the fury of combat during the Normandy Breakout, the historic campaign that made the liberation of Paris possible and brought the Allies a step closer to Berlin. Through a seamless narrative that delivers the rush of unrelenting battle and breathtaking action, players assume the roles of four ordinary Allied soldiers—American, British, Canadian and Polish—and are thrust onto an authentic, living battlefield for an unprecedented variety of combat, with advanced high-definition graphics, detailed character animations and explosive on-screen action, delivering the most immersive and cinematically intense war experience ever.
- The Power of Next-Gen – Built from the ground-up for next-gen consoles, Call of Duty 3 brings the battle to life with advanced graphics, a new physics engine, a procedural environment and detailed ensemble animations that deliver the most cinematic war experience ever.
- Battle Actions – An all-new close-quarters battle mechanic allows players to fight hand-to-hand, improvise explosive devices, disarm traps and execute a host of other battlefield situations that require cunning and rapid reflexes to survive.
- Branching Mission Paths – Next-generation level design provides multiple attack routes that let players decide how to confront the enemy – flank an opponent, or hit him head-on. Each unique mission path requires special tactics, from sniping and demolition to all-out head-on clashes.
- Nowhere to Hide – Environmental physics allow players to destroy enemy soft cover hideouts, forcing foes out in the open. But be wary, opponents can eliminate your protective cover as well.
- Team-based Multiplayer with Vehicles – Combined arms and team-based combat provides unprecedented depth and variety by allowing up to 24-players to battle it out online with the option of single or split-screen Internet play. Gamers have the choice to play as infantry or commandeer multiple-occupancy vehicles, including tanks, jeeps, and motorcycles with side-cars, leading to unique mobile combat roles for all-out, multiplayer mayhem. Call of Duty 3 also offers soldier classes, each with class specific abilities, and a ranking system for truly diversified squad combat.