Blue Dragon Game Guide & Walkthrough (1/43)
Welcome to our Blue Dragon strategy guide. We've prepared a complete walkthrough, together with some useful hints on character development, lists of achievements and secrets. If you want to know all the secrets of this fine X360 jRPG, you've come to the right place.
Krzysztof "Lordareon" Gonciarz
A few hints to get you started:
- Don't avoid random encounters. Fighting is essential to developing your characters, and the more you fight, the easier it will be to eventually beat the most difficult bosses.
- Try to be patient about searching all the territories you visit. You find numerous amounts of gold this way, as well as some minor items and experience. Even if you search a spot and the speaker will say "Nothing", it's still worth to do it. Why? Well, in Jibral Town you will meet a so-called Nothing Man, who will gladly exchange all the "nothings" you've found for some truly valuable items. You can find him under the bridge that leads to the Castle.
- Examine the game manual and be aware of the abilities that you can learn in certain shadow classes. Basically, it's like this: all your characters should have a primary class that will eventually be elevated up to level 99 (for the stat boost), and a few secondary classes that you will raise up to level 30-40, just for the abilities.
- Each character must be trained in Generalist shadow class, there's no other way.
- Buy all the spells you can find in shops. You probably won't have money-related problems in the game and magic is definitely a good think to invest in.
- The "official" way to max your stats is Barrier Magic class. By using Field Barrier ability you can gain experience from weak enemies without even fighting them (that saved up time all right). This ability is very costly in versions 1 and 2, so accept the fact that one of your characters will have to reach lvl 50 of Barrier Magic to get you Field Barrier 3 (defeating an enemy only costs 1MP then).
- Shadow Experience (SP) is actually more important than character experience (EXP). It is said that you have to be around lvl 50 to beat the game. It's not really that necessary, provided you have high shadow classes. I beat all the bonus quests (which are more challenging than the ending itself) on level 45 - just by mastering shadow classes.
- Be careful when selling your accessories. Some of them might come in useful later in the game, when you are to face a certain tough boss with elemental-based attacks. Even seemingly useless items can save your day, you never know.
Blue Dragon Game Guide & Walkthrough (1/43)
Blue Dragon Video Game
There is simply nothing quite like it on Xbox 360, or any other console for that matter.
Famed game producer Hironobu Sakaguchi of Mistwalker and developer Artoon present the highly anticipated Xbox 360™ exclusive Blue Dragon. Featuring the character design of Akira Toriyama of Dragon Ball Z and music by Nobuo Uematsu of Final Fantasy, Blue Dragon is an epic role-playing game that centers on a young boy named Shu and several of his friends.
These unlikely heroes possess the power to control phantom shadows that mirror the actions of their masters, giving Shu and his comrades miraculous strength and magical powers.
The warriors can create and develop their combat styles by utilizing different types of Shadow Change, including Sword, Assassin, and Power Magic. Shu and his friends must use the shadows as weapons and wield their skills to save their world from impending doom.
Encountering various people on a planet where numerous ancient ruins remain, the characters and their shadows travel through a world full of mysteries and illusions, where the slightest touch can cause reactions of unparalleled magnitude.
- Innovative RPG gameplay features: As their quest progresses, warriors can create original attack methods by utilizing several types of Shadow Change, including Sword, Assassin, and Power Magic. You can choose to focus the hero on certain areas of expertise. Shadows level up and gain new abilities associated with the job they are currently doing. Once gained, abilities are not lost and remain available to use when needed.
- Massive scope and engrossing environments: Shu and his companions battle their way through an immense world filled with vividly illustrated remnants of ancient civilizations long forgotten.
Stunning graphics: Taking full advantage of the power of Xbox 360, Blue Dragon engages you in a world and characters that are brought to life with vibrant colors and detail, from Shu's wild hair to his martial arts-style garb, conveying the beautiful simplicity and sense of adventure found in this truly next-generation RPG.
- Dazzling character design and effects: Toriyama’s unique influence is evident in the design of the game’s anime style characters, as their actions are enhanced with next-gen blur effects. Additionally, the game’s algorithmic animation system adds heightened realism to character and creature movements.
- Famed developer: Mistwalker is a creative company founded by Hironobu Sakaguchi, the original developer of Final Fantasy. Operated by a handful of experts, the direction of new Mistwalker is influenced by Sakaguchi’s extensive industry experience. Artoon is a digital entertainment design, development, and production company with rich talent and experience. Centering on the design and development of original content, Artoon is mainly involved in the development of software through external cooperation, as well as the design and production of entertainment content in the mobile communication category.
You are not permitted to copy any image, text or info from this page.
This site is not assotiated with and/or endorsed by the Microsoft or Mistwalker. Official Blue Dragon page at http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/splash/b/bluedragonxbox360/
All logos and images are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Copyright © 2000 - 2015 GRY-Online S.A. for gamepressure.com, unofficial game guides, walkthroughs,
secrets, game tips, maps & strategies for top games.
Follow us and get updates on our Game Guides and Release Dates.
Comments and responses
redheadedbbwgamer 31/01/2014 22:34
So I beat theJumbo poo and the Corrosive Poo on disc 2 when I went to get the blue treasure chest. There was no king poo that appeared. Can I still make him appear? Or am I just SOL? If I can make him appear...what do I do and how? You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks.
Stranger 30/07/2013 00:01
Hm, they don't look the same to me:
28 - http://guides.gamepressure.com/bluedragon/guide.asp?ID=3470
29 - http://guides.gamepressure.com/bluedragon/guide.asp?ID=3472
0bscur3 25/07/2013 15:24
Page 28 and 29 are the same? just change the name?
xsniperx99 14/01/2008 22:23
A Japanesse RPG. I really wonder why I typed this game down.
Legendary Chicken Chaser 25/10/2007 02:27
This looks like a rental, rpg lovers may like this.