Battlefield 2142 Game Guide & Walkthrough (1/53)
"So long as there are men there will be wars." - Albert Einstein
Welcome in the game guide for Battlefield 2142, recently released online first person shooter made by DICE and Electronic Arts. This article contains analyses of every available maps, descriptions of weapons, kits and vehicles of both sides of the modern conflict presented in the game. In addition, there are information about Titan and Conquest modes, game's rules, tactical and teamplay hints. Vast amount of large pictures and highlighted text parts would definitely help in understanding some of the game elements.
Now, let's get to the game itself. I wish you many successes on the battlefield. Enjoy reading.
In Battlefield 2142, there are:
- ...2 sides of the conflict: European Union (EU) and Pan Asian Coalition (PAC);
- ...10 different maps, divided into two theatres: Europe and Africa;
- ...16 weapons opened for general use;
- ...40 different kinds of weapons and equipments to unlock;
- ...2 game modes - Conquest and Titan;
- ...4 kits used by soldiers and roles of Squad Member, Squad Leader and Commander;
- ...12 vehicles and 2 types of stationary weapons;
- ...14 pins;
- ...20 ribbons;
- ...20 badges;
- ...20 medals;
- ...40 military ranks;
- ...3 additional ranks given to the Commanders-in-Chief - the best players of the week.
Synonymous phrases and definitions used in this game guide:
- Heavy vehicles, heavy machinery - battlewalkers, tanks;
- APC - transport vehicles BTR-4 Romanov and AVM-2 Groundhog;
- Commander's toys - installations allowing the Commander to scan the battlefield, send strikes etc.;
- Air transport vehicles - UD-12 Shepherd and BTR-20 Yastreb machines;
- Gunships - UD-6 Talon and Type 4 Doragon vehicles;
- Air strike - missile attack performed by a gunship;
- Flag, spawn, spawn point - capturable control point;
- Missile silo - BLOC-2 missile silo, anti-Titan weapon;
- Rocket launcher - Mitchell AV-18 and Sudnik VP weapons, used by engineers.
And you? Which side will you choose?
Battlefield 2142 Game Guide & Walkthrough (1/53)
Battlefield 2142 Video Game
So long as there are men there will be wars. – Albert Einstein
The year is 2142, and the dawn of a new Ice age has thrown the world into a panic. The soil not covered by ice can only feed a fraction of the Earth’s population. The math is simple and brutal: some will live, most will die.
In Battlefield 2142, players choose to fight for one of two military superpowers - the European Union or the newly formed Pan Asian Coalition -in an epic battle for survival.
Armed with a devastating arsenal of hi-tech weaponry, including assault rifles, cloaking devices and sentry guns, players will also take control of the most lethal vehicles known to man. Massive battle Walkers wage fierce combat on the ground, while futuristic aircraft rule the skies. When taking on this futuristic armor players will need to use their wits and an arsenal of new hi-tech countermeasures like EMP grenades and smart mines to level the playing field.
Epic online gameplay for up to 64 players drops gamers on the front lines as part of a formal squad, or behind the scenes in Commander Mode to direct the strategic assaults of their team-mates.
For the first time in the history of the franchise, Battlefield 2142 will include a brand new game type to complement the classic conquest game. The epic, new Titan mode challenges gamers to destroy the opposing army’s Titan - a massive, heavily armored, flying warship - while defending their own. To defeat a Titan, gamers must first take down its shields, board the craft and fight to its inner core before detonating it from the inside. This genre leading gameplay innovation changes the way you play, encouraging both teamplay and strategy in explosive large-scale confrontations.
With in-game success, players increase their rank and unlock awards, including new weapons, medals and more, delivering the most comprehensive and flexible persistence in the Battlefield universe to date.
- Titan Mode – Wage epic-scale war to defeat your opponent’s Titan, a massive flying warship, controlled by the team’s commander. Players must destroy the Titan’s shields, board the craft, fight to it’s reactor core and detonate it from the inside – all while defending their own Titan.
- 64-Players Online* – Experience all-out war with Battlefield’s legendary multiplayer for up to 64 players.
- Real-Time Persistence – To the victor goes the spoils! Equipment, medals and other rewards are awarded in-game and in real time. Choose an unlock and have access to it immediately next time you spawn. The game features five times more unlocks than Battlefield 2.
- Customizable Abilities – Gamers can expand their abilities and blend multiple player classes to match their play-style.
- Lethal Vehicles – Gamers control menacing Battle Walkers that stalk the land and futuristic gunships that patrol the skies. APC’s and high-speed recon vehicles keep the action fast, furious and unpredictable.
- High-Tech Weaponry – EMP grenades, sentry guns, smart mines, cloaking devices, and more change the rules of the Battlefield forever.
- The world has changed – Fight for survival on the Battlefield of the 22nd century in brand new locations from Minsk to North Africa as the ice presses down from the North.
You are not permitted to copy any image, text or info from this page.
This site is not assotiated with and/or endorsed by the Electronic Arts or Digital Illusions. Official Battlefield 2142 page at http://www.battlefield.ea.com/
All logos and images are copyrighted by their respective owners.
Copyright © 2000 - 2016 GRY-Online S.A. for gamepressure.com, unofficial game guides, walkthroughs,
secrets, game tips, maps & strategies for top games.
Follow us and get updates on our Game Guides and Release Dates.
Comments and responses
fifagiggs 09/07/2008 15:10
For great games