The Dark Knight Challenges become available after you pay a visit to the Batcave for the first time, i.e. right after the fight with Killer Croc in the Blackgate Prison. Find the training zone in the Northern part of the cave, select your character (by default, it is only Batman) and select the challenge category:
- Ranked Challenge this kind of challenges requires you to connect with the internet in order to beat the results of the other players.
- Campaign Challenges - The characteristic feature of these challenges is that you play them on the stages from the storyline mode.
- Custom Challenges - The characteristic feature of these challenges is that you can customize the rules of the challenge in any way you want.
- Combat Training - This kind of challenges allows you to train the basic moves that you use during direct fights.
Individual challenges have various requirements (e.g. performance of a complicated combo or a series of dodges) and you receive golden cups for meeting these requirements. Apart from that, you can also count on additional bonuses like, e.g. concept art or experience points.
Note! At first, most of the challenge categories are locked, or partially inaccessible. These are unlocked as you progress in the storyline mode so, it is worthwhile to return to the batcave on a regular basis.
A separate category of challenges are the ones connected with the game proper, i.e. the ones that you complete directly during the game (regardless of whether Batman is currently completing a mission or just explores the game world freely). These can be found in the third tab in the Dark Knight System, and also here, there are four categories available:
- Shadow Vigilante - this kind of challenges is connected with fight (e.g. pulling out a series of counter-attacks).
- Gotham Protector - this kind of challenges is connected with exploration (e.g. gliding over a large distance).
- Worst Nightmare - this kind of challenges is connected with acting from shadows (e.g. performance of a series of silent takedowns).
- World's Greatest Detective - this kind of challenges is connected with solving investigation matters and accumulating information about the characters that live in Gotham.
The challenges of each category need to be completed in a specific order so, it is a good idea to take a frequent look into the menu to learn about the requirements. Each one of the challenges is rewarded with experience points, where the ones marked with a star symbol are additionally rewarded with upgrades to Batman's kit.